Included below are 13 ways to encourage the women in your life:
1. Ask yourself, “What encourages me?” and then do that for another woman.
2. Learn her Love Language: words of affirmation, spending quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service or physical touch.
3. Share encouraging thoughts immediately when they come to mind.
4. Offer specific and practical help rather than asking, “What can I do?” When a woman is hurting, she often doesn’t know how you can help, so think of a creative and practical way to encourage her.
5. Write a note on a pretty card and snail mail it.
6. Invite her for coffee and celebrate being together.
7. Offer words of praise for anything she has done.
8. Remind her how much God loves her and how He delights over her with singing (Zephaniah 3:17).
9. Realize the power of presence – just be with her.
10. If she is working on a large project, send her a single flower to encourage her at the beginning and a full bouquet when she completes the project.
11. Write a letter of commendation to her boss.
12. If she likes physical touch, give her hugs – often.
13. Notice the positive changes in her life and tell her, “I’m so proud of you!”
Any other ideas? How have others encouraged you?
2013 GateWay of Hope Ministries – The Helping Place for Hurting Women